Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Vegan Iron Chef Challenge!

Attention Readers! I've started a Vegan Iron Chef Challenge over on the Veggin Out message board, and I'm posting about it here too. I've chosen an ingredient and I would love to see what all of you lovely kitchen scientists can come up with!

I haven't thought of what sort of prize for the winner, but I'm sure I will think of something before the challenge is over. The challenge will run the month of September. Veggin Out members can post to the board directly or just send entries to me here. Pictures, recipes, reviews...I want it all :)

September's ingredient is: Dates!





The goal is to think outside of the box and get away from the standard 'Date Squares' and 'Date Nut Bread' and put some new spin on the world of Dates!

You are only limited by your creativity and the calendar! You do not have to be a Veggin Out member to participate, but you should join up! It's a fun board! :)

6 comments:

Harmonia said...

You pimped the forums and the challenge! YOU ROCK! Thanks!!! :)

I've been in there once already today but I might not be around later...it's gonna get busy! :)

KleoPatra said...

The last great date i had was... hmmmmmmm... it's been a while! Oh, you mean THAT kind of date! Yummy, lookin' good. Will be looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. Nice challenge, very cool idea.

I wanted also to thank you for your kind post about my friend on my blog. That was really nice of you to take time to stop by and write that. I truly appreciate it... *HUGS*

Harmonia said...

I just found a cheese sauce on RecipeZaar.com that I hope to try over the weekend. Thanks for the comments today! PMed you on the V.O. Board.

primaryconsumer said...

Ooh, fun! I'll try to think of something!

Dori said...

A date challenge. Hmmmm............

Anonymous said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. Vegan Iron Chef, what a great idea. I love watching Iron Chef America. I will definitely put my thinking cap on for this one. I have not really worked with dates before, but they always have them at Farmer's Market. I will check out the thread at Veggin' Out.