Sunday, September 24, 2006

Do you wanna get rocked? And a tale of a-cute cookie failure.

This weekend I went to a concert with a couple of girls from work. This wasn't just any concert, this was a match made in flashback heaven! Journey and Def Leppard! I was never really one for Journey, but I did sing at the top of my lungs to the songs I knew. The guy they had singing was a strange one and we kept on remarking on how he sorta looked like Kato Kaelin (sp?).



Def Leppard though...man! I've liked them since I first spent the night at my friend's house in 2nd or 3rd grade and discovered her music collection (which at that point consisted entirely of Madonna, NKOTB, and Def Leppard). They played really well, and I was just so happy that they played one of my favoritest songs ever, "Love Bites"!

Love also eats. Like me. :)

Today we had originally planned to head over to the LLBean outlet to get some new winter coats, but my other half was feeling under the weather, so I thought today would be a good day to take care of a cooking errand or two. Firstly, I have the cookie swap to do, and I was trying to find a recipe that was a little different and not out of a common cookbook. I really didn't want to make cookies out of Vive le Vegan or Vegan with a Vengeance... Then I remembered that I had printed a recipe off of Vegweb for some double chocolate cookies.



Yes, they look good, don't they? They tasted good...but they were incredibly flat and crumbly. I think the recipe needs some tweaking. Needless to say, those aren't going anywhere. I'm looking into my recipe stash for something a little more reliable.

I'm one of those people that once I get the baking bug, I kind of can't turn it off and keep going with it...

Since the cookies were a failure, I decided to do something easy--muffins! I have tons of carrots that need to be used up in my fridge, so I decided to make some Carrot Raisin Muffins (from VwaV) for my landlord and upstairs neighbors. My landlord lent me her Vitamix to play with so I felt like I needed to do something nice for her.



Mmmmmm...success smells so good! :)

I also decided to tweak another recipe from VwaV and made some Ginger Date Quinoa Muffins based upon the recipe for the Raisin-Ginger Bran Muffins. Yes! Finally a date recipe! :)

But I couldn't stop at just the 'baked goods'! I also made some Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples from The Vegetarian Family Cookbook, green beans with white bean gravy, tofu nuggets, and eggplant lasagna!



[sweet potatoes & apples, green beans, and veggie riblet...oh my!]

You'd think I'd be tired, right?

I am! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, you were quite the baker this weekend :) Eveything looks good. The Carrot Raisin Muffins sound so yummy! That's still another recipe I haven't tried from VwaV. That's a bummer the veg web chocolate cookies weren't as good as you hoped.

KleoPatra said...

I went to the Def Leppard/Journey concert (sat outside and listened) about a month ago! THAT IS SO COOL! I wanted to hear "Photograph" and "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and sure enough...

i am a far bigger Journey fan than of the Lepp, but unfortunately they played first and my date and i got to the gig late! (TRAFFIC was AWFUL!)

Love your chocolatey cookies!!

Candi said...

Lol! I can just picture you at the concert! Funny how all the lyrics just come back to you , huh?! I bet I'd know almost all the songs! Sounds fun!

You sure DID get the baking bug! Whoa! It all looks great!

Anonymous said...

those muffins looks awesome!